Written By: Justin Reeves
Well, the content roadmaps for Fallout 76 have been released, and everything sounds fine, fun and dandy but so did everything before launch (or the Beta, whatever). Where Fallout 76 will be in a year I have no idea but right now, even though the controversies have sort of calmed down, Fallout 76 still isn’t in a great place. Can these content updates reignite a fire for fans and players? We’ll see.
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
In the US Summer season, Appalachia will be followed by Nuclear Winter, which will include the following updates:
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
After that, Bethesda says players can expect to dip their toes into Wastelanders, which is “our biggest and most ambitious update for 76”.
Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.
Maybe Fallout 76 can bounce back with the introduction of some quality content, but that’s question that can only be answered with time. I mean we can’t lie to ourselves that Fallout 76 has been a shitshow since launch, and Bethesda is emitting some Activision or EA-esque behavior. It’s like all of the executives, board members, and investors in the gaming industry all collectively got hooked on opiates at the same time and now they’re willing to do anything for fast cash. Jesus.